Family loses home to fire
A family of four was left without their home following a Friday morning, Feb. 26, house fire that occurred in the 5700 block of Midway Road in Phenix.
According to Phenix Volunteer Fire Department Chief Walt Bailey, one occupant of the home opened a bedroom door and saw smoke and fire.
The home was heavily involved with fire showing on the second floor when fire crews arrived on scene within 10 minutes of the call around 10:57 a.m.
Due to the amount of damage to the home, Bailey said it is unlikely that the cause of the fire will be determined.
Fire departments from Red House, Phenix, Brookneal and Appomattox, and the Charlotte County Rescue Squad responded to the scene.
No injuries were reported.